We want everyone to have access to this highly successful course. Here are two excellent payment options to help you do this.
- The original course price is £1350.00. You can pay the small deposit of £204.00 and get started straight away. We will then arrange a standing order to spread the cost over the course period of 6 months. (£191.00 per month x 6 months.)
- If you would like the option of a 10% discount, please go to our Level 3 Reception 10% discount page.
(Please note that only one of these excellent payment options can be used. All course prices include VAT.)
It is important that dental receptionists need to have a clear understanding of dental practice procedures, both to book appropriate appointments and to accurately answer a patient’s question at the front desk or over the telephone. Our L3 Advanced Award in Dental Reception course has been developed to meet the needs of both new and experienced receptionists. This is irrespective of whether their previous experience is in dentistry or in any other health care environment.
Our L3 Advanced Award in Dental Reception course is delivered by E-qual portfolio: an academic website platform. E-qual portfolio offers a virtual learning system offering continuous access to:
- Course workbooks
- Comprehensive one-to-one tutor support
- Submission of and feedback on course assignments
- Excellent study planning
- Student forum
120 hours GLH (Guided Learning Hours). This means we allow a student nine months to complete our L3 Advanced Award in Dental Reception course.
The L3 Advanced Award in Dental Reception course will require you to write four assignments for each unit. These will be marked by your tutor and they will provide you with excellent feedback.
Unit 1 – Roles and Responsibilities
- Defining the role of the dental receptionist
- Understanding key dental legislation
- Creating protocols for communication in your workplace
- Analysing practice Health and Safety measures
- Evaluating the role of major bodies in the dental profession
- Understanding Clinical Governance
Unit 2 – Administrative Skills for Dental Services
- Appraising the effectiveness of administrative systems
- Showing how you understand the range of IT applications
- Determining systems for effective cash flow
- Investigating dental care provision options for dental patients
Unit 3 – Aspects of Customer Care
- Exploring the dental needs of the local community
- Exploring positive aspects of patient rights
- Promoting oral health
- Responding effectively to patient complaints
Unit 4 – Continuing Professional Development for Dental Receptionists
- Determining CPD requirements
- Defining professional standards
- Researching training opportunities
- Identifying a personal and professional development plan
As you progress through the L3 Advanced Award in Dental Reception course you will be required to carry out core reading, activities, some research and assignment writing.
There are none. Your final result will be based on continuous assessment.
At the end of this L3 Advanced Award in Dental Reception successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by NCFE. As an added bonus you will also receive 15 hours of verifiable CPD certificate by the Dental Business Academy. This course has been accredited under the NCFE IIQ Licence held by the Dental Business Academy, and the course measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 3 (using Ofqual’s Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) level descriptors) to allow you to consider the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved. NCFE is recognised as an Awarding Organisation by the qualification regulators (‘regulators’) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.