We want everyone to have access to this highly successful course. Here are three excellent payment options to help you do this.
- The original course price is £1440.00. You can pay the small deposit of £216.00 and get started straight away. We will then arrange a standing order to spread the cost over the course period of 9 months. (£136.00 per month x 9 months.)
- If you would like the option of a 10% discount, please go to our Level 3 TCO 10% discount page.
- If you are an ADAM member you are entitled to a 30% discount. Please email Emma on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
(Please note that only one of these excellent payment options can be used. All course prices include VAT.)
Treatment coordination is becoming widely accepted as positive career development for dental nurses. It shows how effective an ethical marketing approach can be introduced into modern dental practices. It also has the added benefit of reducing professional risk in this highly litigious society. Our L3 Advanced Diploma in Treatment Coordination course shows how a treatment coordinator can successfully communicate to patients regarding their dental options. It covers all aspects of how consent is acquired, recorded and stored.
Our L3 Advanced Diploma in Treatment Coordination course is delivered by E-qual portfolio: an academic website platform. E-qual portfolio offers a virtual learning system offering continuous access to:
- Course workbooks
- Comprehensive one-to-one tutor support
- Submission of and feedback on course assignments
- Excellent study planning
- Student forum
120 hours GLH (Guided Learning Hours). This means we allow a student nine months to complete our L3 Advanced Diploma in Treatment Coordination course.
Our Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Treatment Coordination course will require you to write one assignment for each unit. These will be marked by your tutor and they will provide you with excellent feedback.
As you progress through the Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Treatment Coordination course you will be required to carry out core reading, activities, some research and assignment writing.
Unit 1 – Roles and Responsibilities of the Treatment Coordinator
- Defining the TCO role in detail by identifying strengths and weaknesses.
- Identifying opportunities for professional development
- Understanding the principles and importance of effective teamwork
- Exploring what is meant by the ‘New Client Experience’
- Understanding the principles of client consent
- How consent may differ in relation to vulnerable groups
- Identifying the impact of current guidance in obtaining, recording and storing patient information.
Unit 2 – Effective Communication for the Treatment Coordinator
- Understanding a range of effective communication strategies
- Exploring the congruency between verbal and non-verbal communication techniques
- How to combine effective communication skills with DISC personality profiling
- Identifying barriers of Transactional Analysis to support communication strategies for the TCO
- How to work with challenging and difficult patient groups
- Resolving any breakdown in professional relationships by means of evaluation and reflective practice.
Unit 3 – Marketing and Sales
- Knowing the difference between marketing and sales
- Knowing the difference between ethical and unethical marketing and sales
- Assessing your practice’s compliance with GDC Standard for Advertising
- Demonstrating an understanding of how to conduct an initial consultation with a new patient
- Demonstrating your ability to clearly explain treatments and services to patients to assist them in making the most appropriate dental choice
Unit 4 – Clinical Governance of the TCO Service
- Knowing what is meant by Clinical Governance
- Understanding the importance of good TCO records
- Knowing how to write a TCO procedure
- Understanding the Audit Cycle
- How to measure the TCO performance
- Developing an action plan to improve and sustain the TCO service
There are none. Your final result will be based on continuous assessment.
At the end of this L3 Advanced Diploma in Treatment Coordination successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by NCFE. As an added bonus you will also receive 15 hours of verifiable CPD certificate by the Dental Business Academy. This course has been accredited under the NCFE IIQ Licence held by the Dental Business Academy, and the course measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 3 (using Ofqual’s Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) level descriptors) to allow you to consider the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved. NCFE is recognised as an Awarding Organisation by the qualification regulators (‘regulators’) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.